Don't Kill Me....

Ok ok ok...I KNOW it's been forever since I've last blogged. In my defense, I've been pretty busy lately. But my three readers have finally gotten their wish; I am updating. (I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures...I left my camera in Idaho)

Most of you know that I moved out to Oklahoma in April. I may have made that decision with a lot of trepidation and a few desperate prayers, but looking back I am so grateful that I did. Last year, selling was an absolute joke. Our haphazard frolicking through the southern United States was quickly labeled the "Gypsy Tour '09". It was a tough six months littered with broken hearts and broken skin, but somehow I managed to pull through. I ended the season with only 29 total installs, ten of which went bad or canceled. I barely made enough money to make it through the six months. 
With an experience like that under my belt, you can imagine why my decision to come out again this year was so difficult. I didn't want to have a repeat experience from the year before, but I also didn't want to work endless hours making a pittance of a salary. After long conversations with both of my parents, my Heavenly Father and anyone else nearby with a listening ear, I finally decided to go. 

I was lucky enough to stay in Oklahoma all the way through the end of August. I sold 75 good accounts and it seemed like everything was going to work out. I decided to extend so that I could get paid on the 100 pay scale. My office was moving to Alabama and it was supposedly such "money" area, so I booked my flight. 

That last decision ended my run of good luck. Alabama is turning out to be a shade too close to my experience last year. Same story - re-knocking stuff that Gaypex just knocked recently. I have to admit, my attitude has really sucked. Yesterday was probably the lowest point of the summer so far. I woke up feeling sick and ended up getting a 24 - hour bug. I looked at my accounts and saw four people had stopped paying and that I needed that many more accounts to get me to the 100 level. (FYI, the difference between 80 accounts and 110 is over 10K) I wanted to quit, I wanted to go home, I hated my life. I'd like to say that I had an amazing experience and turned my whole life around in that moment of despair, but I didn't. At least not then. Today I got some good news that gave me a little bit more time to get the accounts that I needed, and I decided that I'd regret it if I didn't go out every day leaving my best on the street. Every day that I give up could be the day that costs me ten thousand dollars. I've decided (at least for now) that today is not going to be that day.

I'm happy with the way that this summer has turned out, and I'll definitely be doing this again next year. Any prayers you could offer in my behalf until October 28th would be appreciated :)

In other good news, I live in a hotel. I know that sounds extra trashy, but it's not. Tess and I share a suite at the Hilton Homewood Suites. Someone makes us breakfast, cleans our dishes, bathroom and makes our beds. If there's one thing I've learned it's that (nearly) every situation has a silver lining. 

Also, I got an iphone. ATT users, it is now free to call me. E-mail me if you want that number.

Thanks everyone for all of your support and love, it means the world to me.

No comments: